MacBook Pro. Now with the Apple M2 chip.
MacBook Pro. Pro anywhere.
The new M2 chip makes the 13‑inch MacBook Pro more capable than ever. The same compact design supports up to 20 hours of battery life and an active cooling system to sustain enhanced performance. Featuring a brilliant Retina display, a FaceTime HD camera, and studio‑quality mics, it’s our most portable pro laptop
Level Up. Supercharged by M2 chip
The M2 chip begins the next generation of Apple silicon, with even more of the speed and power efficiency introduced by M1. So you can rip through workflows with a more powerful 8-core CPU. Create stunning graphics with a lightning‑fast 10‑core GPU. Work with more streams of 4K and 8K ProRes video with the high-performance media engine. And do it all at once with up to 24GB of faster unified memory. MacBook Pro with M2 is 1.4 x faster than M1 model, up to 6 x faster than Intel-based model and up to 20 hrs battery life.
Active cooling sustains blazing‑fast performance. Thanks to its advanced thermal system and the efficiency of Apple silicon, MacBook Pro can sustain pro levels of performance, so you can run CPU‑ and GPU‑intensive tasks for hours on end
Faster memory. And more of it.
M2 has 100GB per second of memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1. And it supports 24GB of unified memory for superfluid multitasking and working with massive files
Performs well with others.
MacOS and M2 work together to bring more speed and responsiveness to all your go‑to apps including Microsoft 365 and your favorite iOS apps. Over 10,000 apps and plug‑ins are already optimized for Apple silicon. And Rosetta 2 seamlessly translates apps designed for Intel processors for use on your MacBook Pro.
With the brilliant Retina display, images take on an incredible level of detail and realism. Text is sharp and clear. Bright LED backlighting delivers deep blacks and bright whites. P3 wide color brings even more vibrant greens and reds than sRGB. And MacBook Pro features True Tone technology, so the white balance automatically adjusts to match the color temperature of the light around you for a more natural viewing experience.
Camera and mics. Be seen. Be heard.
Thanks to M2, the FaceTime HD camera takes full advantage of our latest image signal processor so you’ll look great in video calls. And whether you’re running a meeting, hosting a podcast, or connecting with friends and family, the studio-quality mics will make sure everyone hears you loud and clear.
Magic Keyboard delivers a comfortable, quiet, and responsive typing experience. The Touch Bar puts the commands you need most right where you need them, saving time and keystrokes. And touch ID provides fast, easy authentication for secure logins and purchases.
Connectivity: Make connections. Faster than ever.
Ultra‑high bandwidth meets ultra‑versatility. Thunderbolt enables data transfer, charging, and video output all through a single port and MacBook Pro has two of them. Wi‑Fi 6 keeps MacBook Pro going strong as more and more devices join the network. And the headphone jack even supports high‑impedance headphones.
- Apple M2 chip. 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores 10-core GPU 16-core Neural Engine 100GB/s memory bandwidth
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- 8GB unified memory
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for: Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s), USB 4 (up to 40Gb/s), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera, Advanced image signal processor with computational video.
- Touch ID
- Ambient light sensor
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with: 65 (U.S.) or 66 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys in an inverted‑T arrangement, Touch Bar,
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure‑sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure‑sensitive drawing, and Multi‑Touch gestures
- Up to 20 hours Apple TV app movie playback,
- SB-C Power Adapter
- Up to 17 hours wireless web
- 58.2-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery